Thursday, July 8, 2010

Camp Scrap Layouts

Today is the beginning of the third week of the five-week Camp Scrap Workshop at BigPictureScrapbooking.com. There are five weekly emails with inspiration for a layout, plus occasional bonus emails with more inspiration. I have been scrapping away and thought I'd share some more of the layouts inspired by this class.

Each Wednesday's email is a journaling prompt. The first week's prompt was to create a layout about something that is happening in your life right now. I decided to scrap a page about my blogging since that is something that is a fairly new activity I am performing somewhat regularly. I really like the Bo Bunny striped paper on this layout.


The second prompt was to create a layout about someone you love. I'm sure it will be a surprise that I chose Robbie and decided to highlight something that he enjoys - photography. The photos in this layout are from 2001, 2002, 2008 and 2010. I love the idea of doing "connections layouts" - a concept from Stacy Julian's Library of Memories workshop which basically means using photos from different times and places to make connections about someone's personality or a place that you visit often or a color that you love, etc.


Those two layouts are 12x12 and will both go in our Activities We Enjoy album. These next layouts are all 8 1/2 x 11. This first layout was based on a design idea to use scraps of paper as a visual element.

This next layout was inspired by a sketch from the Camp Scrap teacher, May Flaum. I love these photos of Mama & Daddy signing papers on their new home. Robbie thought the title to this layout should have been FINALLY instead of SIGN HERE since it took Mama & Daddy months and months to find a new home!


This last layout is actually a Library of Memories Community weekly challenge. The challenge was to make a layout that included Red, White, and You.


I'm off now to work on some of the Camp Scrap Week 3 layouts!

13 comments:

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Great layouts! Thanks for sharing them. I really should do a page on starting my blog this summer. My husband is also the photographer in our family, so I love doing pages that highlight his pictures.

jediflame said...

What great layouts!! Hasn't Camp Scrap been a blast? :)

Laura said...

Hi, Melissa! Wishing you a great rest of the summer with fond memories of good ol' Camp Scrap. :-)

Marie (aka Mazz) said...

hey Melissa, I saw your post on Camp Scrap and decided to play along too...have a wee peek at my blog and you'll see I've already posted some of my LO's....your LO's are so fabulous and creative. I love them all.. Your gramma and writing is also awesome. have fun for the rest of week 4 and 5 and catch up soon. hugz from "Kiwi in Aussie" xx Mazz :)

Keitha said...

Wonderful layouts Melissa! I, too, have had a blast at Camp Scrap and will be sad to 'go home'.

Ladydoc said...

Melissa, this is great. I've not put just LO's in my recent posts but photos, too. I'm trying to put the Camp Scrap LO's in as I complete them. Thank goodness for the extra week of camp!

Christine said...

I just popped over here from the Camp Scrap "yearbook" forum post...love seeing what you have done all in one place...I absolutely love your photographer layout!

abbeyviolet said...

I had a great time crafting "with" you. Congratulations on some great projects!

Debbie P said...

Hi Melissa,
It was great fun in Camp Scrap with May, yourself, and all the other wonderfully inspirational scrapbookers. Hope to see you in other classes. I enjoy your work.
Debbie P

grammyscrap said...

Great layouts! Camp Scrap has been so fun!

Veronica Tingvall said...

Great layouts!
Lots of love/Veronica, fellow camper

Marygail said...

Great set of layouts!

Vanessa said...

Your layouts turned out great! I absolutely loved being in Camp Scrap with you! Hope to see you in another class!