Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Non-Chronological Scrapbooking

Thought I would share a couple of layouts I completed this past week that show how I am truly scrapping non-chronologically. The memories that these two layouts preserve are 37 years apart!

 The first one showcases a photo and my handprint, both from 1973. The Library of Memories Community weekly challenge  was to "Browse your Memorabilia Notebook and select something to use on a layout. Locate appropriate photos and use bullet point journaling and lots of blue." I didn't use bullet point journaling because I think the poem is all the journaling needed for this layout.


This second layout features photos from the 4th of July, just two weeks ago. I was reading a recent edition of Creating Keepsakes magazine and saw a similar layout that inspired me. I only had these two photos from the 4th, and I knew this would be a nice layout to highlight them.


This past week I also received my printed photos for the second quarter of 2010. I slipped those into my Storage Binders and they are now ready for me to scrap whenever an inspiration comes along.

1 comment:

S said...

Great job on both layouts. I need to get busy scrapping a lot of memorabilia that I have. Thanks for the inspiration.