Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Musings

Reading through Isaiah a month or so ago, these verses stood out to me.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said,
Here am I; send me.
Isaiah 6:8

Many years ago, this verse was written in a small card I had been given as I began a new job. The implication was that I had stepped up to do the job as God had called me. Unfortunately, as I look back, I realize that I didn't always do the best job that I could and I certainly didn't work "as unto the Lord." I've often wondered if the faith that person placed in me was mis-placed. But I realize now that her faith did not lie in me, but rather in the Lord.

Now as I ponder what direction the Lord would have me take next in my life, I want to stand before Him and say "Here am I, send me." Where will He send me? Will I hear Him when he declares the way? Or will I, once again, blindly follow the way I want to go?

1 comment:

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

There is a little devotional I read called "Daily Strength for Daily Needs" by Mary W. Tileston. You can buy it on amazon.com. It is a wodnerful little book, not feel good fluff, but solid Scripture and classic writers. I especially like the days where I am reminded to work for the Lord in the small daily tasks of my every day life.