Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Quadrants - Christmas Eve 2007

Along with the scheduled 20 prompts in the Scrapbook Remix class, Shimelle is providing extra inspiration with Extended Play handouts that take a closer look at a specific technique. The first Extended Play focused on Quadrants - a design that divides the background into four sections.

As you may have noticed, I've been working on photos and stories from 2007 the last several weeks. I knew I wanted to create a layout documenting the Christmas Eve service we attended even though I did not have any photos. I did, however, have the program that we received at the service.

You can see that I used the front of the program in place of a photo on my layout. In addition to the quadrant background, I used one of Shimelle's tips to "embrace the quad and create four matching embellishments."

The program was an 8 1/2 x 11 page that was folded in half, and I wanted to make it so that the inside could be viewed as well. When I added this layout to my album, I cut a slit in the page protector so the program could be opened.


I really like how the quadrant background allowed me to use a variety of patterned papers and to create lots of interest on a layout without a photo. Have you tried the quadrant technique lately?

14 comments:

Kirsty.a said...

I like your quadrants, and especially your snowflake embellies

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely festive page.

Sandra said...

So much interest on your age, lovely :)

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful layout! Great idea to cut a slit in the page protector so the program can be viewed.

Karen said...

I love the way you've incorporated the program! And it's such a nice addition to the page.

Sian said...

It's really neat the way the programme has a snowflake in each corner too, to echo the quadrant idea.

Sue Althouse said...

Very nice, love this way of highlighting a program! The four embellishments are the perfect finishing touch.

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely papers and textures - I'm just starting to think about Christmas stuff now :)

Not used the quadrants on a LO in ages, I use it often on cards.

Alison said...

I just finished my quadrant LO today, but the light was no good for photographing it...love what you've done with the Programme!
Alison xx

Tina F. said...

I love your idea of scrapbooking an event without any photos! I run into that situation quite a bit myself. Thanks for sharing!

Debbie P said...

Beautiful job Melissa!

Lorraine said...

Very attractive. What a nice keepsake.

Ginger said...

This is a fun layout, there is not a shortage of handouts or videos in this class! I have a couple more layouts to share and I hope to scrap this weekend.

Tammy said...

Great page! I haven't done a non-photo page in while and I that you mentioned the grid is a great way to show off pattern paper on non-photo pages. So true! Great for the papers you are saving for a special page...if one actually does that kind of thing... Thanks for the tip! :)