Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cards For All Occasions

Last year I created cards for a variety of occasions, mainly just using paper scraps with a little stamping or a few stickers added on. Here's a sampling of those cards.
 
Birthday



Friendship

Mother's Day & Father's Day


 
Here's a group of 17 cards I made during a fun evening together with the ladies from our church.
 
And close-ups of a few of my favorites from this bunch.



 
I haven't done any crafting yet this year, but just seeing these cards reminds me how quick & simple it can be to throw together a handmade card. These are not necessarily fancy cards or great masterpieces, but I enjoy using up my scraps and sending these out to family & friends!

9 comments:

Sian said...

It's always good to have some cards on hand! and there is something special about one the sender has made herself. I keep them all while I throw out shop bought ones (eventually) - well worth the crafting!

Tammy said...

This is the perfect thing to do when you have a little time and want to be crafty but not enough to really dig in. Just whipping up a card can help you get the crafty fix! Have a great weekend!

Rebekah said...

Nothing like a homemade greeting! I'm determined to get homemade Valentine's out this year!

Beverly said...

I think it's great to do a bunch ahead so you can easily grab one and write a note. I am so much more likely to follow through on my good intentions when I have a stack made up.

Elizabeth said...

You've got quite a collection of hand made cards. They are so much fun to make and even the plainest ones are very much appreciated by the recipient.

Alison said...

What a great selection!
Alison xx

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely assortment, and it feels so good to have a stash of cards at hand. People appreciate a handmade card and they don't really care how fancy it is, or isnt!

Cheryl M said...

What a great idea for using up your stash. You've got quite a selection there.

alexa said...

I love those pretty fish and ladybirds! A great ides to keep making cards little by little and build up a collection...