Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Double Page Christmas Scrapping

Back in December, filled with Christmas spirit, I pulled out some holiday papers and Christmas photos to complete a couple of layouts based on sketches in the BPC Double Take workshop. Both of these layouts are from Christmas Day of 2008.

I like the way these layouts feature two different aspects of the day - the fun time we had opening all our Santa gifts and the delicious meal we enjoyed with friends.
 
I also enjoyed reusing these sketches - you can see my original layouts with these sketches here and here.

11 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

And it's great how you managed to use so many photos on these lovely layouts.

Jane said...

looks like a fun time!

Elizabeth said...

You do manage to get a lot of people in your photos! It's also nice they all look happy. Love your layouts.

Tammy said...

Great 2-pagers. That santa paper is cute and makes the page whimsical and fun. Love that with the LOM system you can reach back a few years and just have all these photos ready to scrapbook. :)

Rebekah said...

Those are beautiful sketches and wonderful layouts with your papers and photos...so colorful and festive!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What interesting designs - I particularly like the second one.
Rinda

Missus Wookie said...

Fun to see the older versions and the newer ones. Your journaling to Robbie made me smile - I texted Wookie today to tell him I miss him for similar reasons. I like how you've shown two sides of Christmas - so often we only concentrate on one side of an event.

Karen said...

That second layout is such a great design for multiple photos. But I also love the striped borders on the first layout.

Debbie P said...

Awesome job Melissa! I need to get busy and scrap some 2 pagers. I will have to revisit the class material!

Alison said...

I especially like the second layout for using multiple pics...I may be lifting that one!
Alison xx

Beverly said...

I love that you use multiple pics in both but with very different looks :)