Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Jamaica

A quick post today to share another layout inspired by an older Glitter Girl video - episode four. This layout with be the first page in the Jamaica section of our 10th Anniversary Cruise Album (which I'm still working on sporadically).


Journaling reads: Our first view of Jamaica was actually the dock area that was constructed by and owned by Royal Caribbean cruise lines. It was a gated area with souvenir shops and welcoming "committees" - a small band and a group of walkers on stilts. It was a nice area, but much different from the real Jamaica we saw on our bus tour.

7 comments:

alexa said...

Such a bright and cheerful page to greet the eye! Those colours and patterns just seem to spell sunshine. I like the way you've done the title with the 3-D effect.

Sian said...

I love the colours you've chosen for this. They pulled me right in. An interesting observation, too, well worth documenting

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely bright page for a bright place. The one thing I hear about Jamaica is how warm it is.

Debbie P said...

Nice job! What an awesome photo!

Karen said...

Great layout! I love the red and yellow color combination, and the embellishments on the top of the page are perfect!

Beverly said...

Your colors are perfect. Having been to Jamaica I totally understand how your first view was different from reality.

Tammy said...

Great layout, Melissa! I love the yellow background and the other papers are festive and happy. Great start to what sounds like a super fun album. :)