Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Still Holding Hands - SketchNScrap Inspired By 1

Here's another layout today - this one is based on the first Inspired By challenge over at the Sketch N Scrap blog. (It's based on a layout by Stephanie Ho.)
 
I really like the long title on this sketch and knew it would work for this photo I took of my sister and brother-in-law a few years ago.

I have some new wood veneer pieces that I'm enjoying using - I backed the rectangle one with a piece of red cardstock so it would show up better. I really wanted to use and show off that heart paper, too, but it was only 6"x6". I ended up cutting it in half to make it look like a longer piece.

I had lots of FUN with this sketch. Have you been inspired by any sketches lately?

17 comments:

Debbie P said...

Awesome! Love what you did with the sketch! Good for you!

Lisa said...

This is a lovely layout! I love the title, the picture is so awesome and the embellishments and papers you used are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Stephanie said...

this is absolutely gorgeous Melissa! Love the red and white together, and the mixing of alphas. Beautiful title too!! I just love this take on the sketch :)

Karen said...

Great layout! I love wood veneer and backing it with the red paper is so effective!

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Super cute layout. Thanks for playing with us at Sketch N Scrap. xoxo Monique Fox

alexa said...

I love those little wooden hearts with the paper - such a neat idea to echo these. Heart-warming layout!

Missus Wookie said...

Still holding hands is perfect for those hearts. I often cut papers to make them look longer. The backed wood veneer really makes the negative spaces stand out.

Kerry said...

Such a sweet page of your sister and her hubby and what a great job of the long title! Thanks for sharing your 'love'ly layout with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Darcy said...

That is so very sweet! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sura said...

So sweet page! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama

Kelly said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch!! LOVE the title and photo and your papers are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

artfulscrapbooking said...

Clever use of the 6x6 paper and I love the washi!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :) Evie

Jen said...

What a sweet layout!! Love the colors and your heart wood veneer! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Solange J. said...

Nice layout, love the photos ! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap !

Brandi Matos said...

Oh, I love this page!! Beautifully done!!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap :-)

Lissa said...

Beautiful page! Love those wood veneer shapes and the card. Thank you playing along with us at Sketch 'N Scrap!

Heather Hall said...

What a lovely layout! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap