For the first time ever, I have chosen a word to focus on for the year - FUN! I'm looking forward to seeing how this word manifests itself in my life throughout 2014. I'm not expecting to have rolling-on-the-floor-laughing kind of FUN every day, but rather am looking for a genuine feeling of joy and happiness and the inclusion of fun activities in our everyday life as well as in special events and our travels.
I already have several FUN things planned to begin the year:
1. In just two short weeks, I will be in Anaheim, California, for the BPC Play event! I can hardly believe that I'm actually going to be there. When I initially heard about the event, I decided not to attend because Robbie would not be able to travel with me in January. However, as we began looking toward 2014 and I started talking about choosing FUN as my word and getting a good start on the year, Robbie said he thought it would be the perfect beginning to the year and suggested that I go anyway. Seriously - what better way to start a FUN year than at Play!?
2. I've signed up for Ali Edwards' One Little Word class and will be sharing my progress with my word throughout the year. I've seen lots of blog posts from those of you who have taken Ali's class the last few years, so I know this will be the perfect way to help me stay focused on my word.
3. Robbie and I enjoy playing games and putting together puzzles (as y'all might have guessed from the Games We Play and It's A Puzzle mini-albums I completed in 2013), however we didn't do either of these activities very much last year. So, one of my FUN goals this year is to play all the games in our collection and to put together at least one puzzle a month.
4. In my enthusiasm to have FUN, I've also signed up for a "few" other online classes:
* Inspired Scrapbooking |a year-long class with Stacy Julian at BPC
* Organizing FUNdamentals |a 6-week class on scrapbooking organization at BPC (Of course, I couldn't resist a class with the word FUN in it!)
* 31 Things |a 31-day class with Ali Edwards at BPC
* Technique Toolbox |a 5-week class with Claudine Helmuth at BPC
I'm excited to start this year of FUN! Have you chosen a word for 2014? Will you be joining me in any of these classes?