Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Where Does My Inspiration Come From? (7)

This post is the seventh in a two-week series of daily posts where I'm sharing my recently created layouts along with the inspiration that prompted me to create them. I tend to think that I always start with a photo when I scrapbook, however as I looked back through a recent batch of layouts, I realized that the inspiration to sit down at my craft table and create a layout comes from many different sources.

Title - Me & Grandma
Layout Inspiration - Photo
Design Inspiration - Product Kit

Today's layout was inspired by the same Bo Bunny products as yesterday's layout - while I had those products spread out on my table, I flipped through my storage binders looking for photos that would work with the beautiful papers and embellishments. The photos in my storage binders are ones that I know I want to scrap, either because it's a special photo or there's a story attached to it or it represents an event in our life. I love this photo of me and Grandma taken when I was a young teenager and am so happy to have added it to my Early Years album.

The background paper I chose was very ornate, with pre-printed embellishments all along the top. The bottom of the paper was rather bland, so I used the rub-on package that came with the kit to fill it in and give the layout some balance. I like that the rub-ons are slightly darker and add some weight to the bottom of the page. I included one of the chipboard borders across the middle of the page (with washi tape at each end) to separate my photo and title - quick, simple, and lovely!

Do you use product collection kits to inspire you in your scrapbooking?

4 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

What a special picture! Your page definitely does it justice. I love the cheery colors.

Karen said...

You have the same fabulous smile in that photo as you do today!

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely photo and smile :) I do sometimes take inspiration from products and have been known to go take photos to go with some if they'd help tell a story!

Debbie P said...

OMG, love that photo! This is fantastic and so pretty! Well done Melissa!