Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Scrapping 5x7 and 8x10 Photos

I have a three-ring binder with page protectors to hold photos that are 5x7 and 8x10, and recently I've been enjoying getting some of those larger photos on layouts. I actually created this first layout a couple of months ago in response to the challenge in the Stashbusters Anonymous  workshop to use large metal embellishments. Yes, that's me as a one-year-old.


This next layout showcases a photo of me and my sisters when I was about nine-years-old. I just had to use that cute little tag with the three girls on it as an embellishment!


And here's one with a photo of the now sixteen-year-old Pun'kin Natashia!

Journaling reads: When Brenda told me the name they had picked out for the baby, I thought it was too big of a name for a baby & decided I would call her Natty. But when I met her, I knew she was my Pun'kin.

Have you scrapped any larger photos lately?

11 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

So cute! I love all of your patterned paper combinations.

Sian said...

That smile has stayed the same!

I love big photos on a layout and feel like I should be experimenting with them a bit more

Ellyn said...

what a cute baby you were!

Becky said...

What FUN layouts and you were very cute! I haven't scrapped any larger photos lately, but looking at these layouts makes me want to!

Tammy said...

These are great! Love the gold flowers on the first layout. I have a stack of portraits of the family over the years. Have only scrapped a few. I definitely need to do more. :)

Debbie P said...

Love these! So adorable & so pretty!

Karen said...

I haven't done a traditional layout in a long time! And I'm definitely behind on Project Life. I love the way you've scrapped these photos---your patterned paper choices are just perfect!

Sandra said...

It's funny how we have certain fads , a few years ago, all I really ever scrapped where large photos, but more recently it's been small ones. You've made me want to get out some large photo paper :)

alexa said...

Aren't you lovely? And what a sweet romper suit in the top photo (at least that's what we called them over here ). You have made gorgeous pages with these - I do love a big photo ...

Cheryl M said...

Love these 3 adorable layouts Melissa! I can't remember the last time I scrapped a large photo. This post was a good reminder for me.
Great job on busting your stash and completing some adorable layouts!

S said...

Wonderful pages. I've seen lots of gals scrapping larger pictures lately, and your examples are fabulous. Loving the floral papers!