Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sketch Solutions 6

Today I'm sharing more layouts inspired by the BPC Sketch Solutions workshop. These first two layouts were inspired by the lesson four sketch (the digital template of which I used for my layout about Mama & Daddy's first apartment) and the challenge to increase the number of photos in the sketch. First, I used one 5x7 photo like the original sketch, although I modified the layout of the background papers.



Next I used two photos in place of the 5x7 photo in the sketch.

Here's a closer look at the journaling & title.


The following layouts all used the lesson five sketch, which had space for four 4x3 photos. I followed the sketch fairly closely for this first layout.


The lesson encouraged us to utilize a sketch by reducing the number of photos, so I replaced the four photos with one larger photo for my next layout.


And finally a digital layout using some papers that Alexa created and shared several years ago and twine embellishments created by Cheryl.


Together these layouts showcase photos from 1920-something, 1971, 2012 and 2014 - I do so enjoy scrapping inspirationally and not chronologically! How about you?

5 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are all great! I like "family" and "skipping to adulthood" best.
Rinda

Debbie P said...

These are so fabulous! You are really rocking the class!

Kristin said...

More fabulous layouts!! These are just gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing you Monday, xoxo

alexa said...

I am continually inspired by your scrapping, Melissa! (Oh, and such a lovely surprise you have used one of my papers - thank-you so much for the acknowledgment). I was wondering if you print out your digital ones, or put them in a photo book, or just hold them in your computer?

Melissa said...

I print my digi layouts and add them to my albums (either the chronological ones or my Library of Memories category albums). I wait until I have quite a few made, then upload & order them from Persnickety Prints.