Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Washi + Words Christmas Cards

After creating the gift tag inspired by Jennifer's Refresh Your Craft & Soul event this past weekend, I didn't have much time to create. However I did read and enjoy all the blog posts over the weekend and knew I had to try the Washi +Words cards she shared. I had so much FUN putting these cards together!

My favorite design uses washi tape adhered on a diagonal.



I also tried a simple card with just a few strips of washi tape along the bottom, a chipboard tab & a stamped Hello. After I adhered the card front on, this one didn't look finished to me, so I grabbed my red pen and added some faux stitching. What do you think? Did that finish it off?


For these last three cards, I used chipboard pieces rather than words.



Did you get a chance to join in with Jennifer's event? Which items did you find most inspiring?

9 comments:

Ellyn said...

cute cards! I love them

Karen said...

Despite good intentions, I never made it to Jennifer's blog! These great cards remind me to remember my large Washi tape collection when I'm creating.

Sian said...

Yes, I love faux stitching.

I don't think I have any Christmas themed washi. Doesn't it make lovely cards? I'll have to look out for some

Jennifer Grace said...

These look fabulous! The diagonal ones are really striking, I love the red and gold one. I think the red faux-stitching did finish off that card nicely - I'd add a few gems too but that's just me! Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at Jennifer Grace Creates! x

S said...

Washi-wonderful!

Missus Wookie said...

I like the diagonal cards and using washi to make backgrounds is so fun. Nope, didn't make it to Jennifer's was rather busy last weekend :)

Becky said...

I like these and think the faux stitching really does finish that card off nicely.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the diagonal ones. I use my washi tape a lot on cards.

Sandra said...

Oooohhh you've inspired me