Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Coca-Cola Reindeer

As I was thumbing through some holiday magazines, I spotted a FUN idea that I knew would make great hostess gifts this Christmas season - making reindeer from a six-pack of bottles. I didn't recognize the drinks that were used in the small sample photo, but I knew immediately I could use this idea with Coca-Cola.

Simply adding pipe cleaner antlers, googly eyes, pom-pom noses, and twine scarves turned this six-pack of Coca-Cola into a great gift for my sister, who made cinnamon rolls, yummy chocolate/pumpkin muffins, and a delicious pulled chicken sandwich dinner for me during my recent visit. I added a handmade gift tag that included a FUN foam reindeer sticker.


I used the same idea as a hostess gift for Ellyn, who drinks Diet Coke and hosts Crafty Tuesday at her home each month.

I had a Coca-Cola trading card in my stash that I used for the handmade tag.

This month's meeting included a gift exchange, a yummy meal, and chocolate (of course!). Thanks Ellyn for hosting us each month!

What do you typically give as a hostess gift?

8 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

I've made rein-beers several times to give as gifts. Punny joke gifts are often my favourite thing after all.

I like to give flowers or food unless I know the person really well - do hate giving clutter!

Barbara Eads said...

The reindeer Cokes are so cute! They would make a cute hostess gift that can double as a decoration!

Sian said...

These are seriously cute!

Ruth said...

Those Coke bottle reindeer are fabulous! I usually take the hostess a bunch of flowers.

Sandra said...

These are just such fun

Ellyn said...

I kind of feel guilty drinking my poor reindeer! I love them Melissa!

Karen said...

Those reindeer are really cute!

Rachel B said...

This looks great, the reindeer are so cute :)