Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bits & Pieces of Christmas 2014

One of the things I have to do often in my craft room is clean up the piles of stuff that accumulate on the sewing table and floor. As I was processing some recent piles, I came across the little bits and pieces of memorabilia that I saved from Christmas. It was a happy little pile of stuff - strips of wrapping paper, gift labels, tags from the PJs Robbie got me for Christmas, the sheet Daddy used to track our progress playing Phase 10 on Christmas Day, ribbons, candy wrappers, etc.


The thought came to mind that this was a wonderful peek into our Christmas. Normally I would put these items in my memorabilia file to be used on layouts with photos, however I was inspired to simply create a layout right away. So, I pulled out a piece of cardstock and adhered all those bits & pieces to it!


It's quite a hodgepodge of a layout, but I absolutely love it! What do you do with all those little bits & pieces from Christmas?

8 comments:

Sian said...

A big "like" from me for this post! You know how much I love memorabilia on pages, please I can so totally relate to the whole processing of piles thing. That's me too

Sandy Trefger said...

It might be a hodgepodge but it's fabulous! I often find piles of stuff I've saved when I too clean up my craft room! This is an awesome layout for your Christmas album or family album.

Cheri said...

LOVE it! I don't tend to be a big saver of bits & pieces, but a few little pieces of Christmas did make it into last year's Document Life Planner. This year my "DLP" planner is just monthly, so definitely less bits being saved.

Ellyn said...

I throw them away (I know, I know) also it cracks me up that things accumulate on your sewing table! But how do you sew every day if there's stuff in the way???

Missus Wookie said...

What a neat capture of the bits and pieces of daily life :lol: I've tended to sweep things up and put them in a pocket or like Ellyn thrown 'em out!

Karen said...

Great idea! Mine usually end up in a drawer and eventually get tossed!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I especially like thecsqares along the left edge

Jane said...

what a fun idea, mine usually end up ruined in a drawer.