Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.
Saturday, October 3, 2015
INSPIRATION - September Review & October Plans
1. Top Five - I'm challenging myself to scrap my top five (photos or stories or events) from the previous month. I completed two layouts from my May Top Five list.
2. Blog Series INSPIRATION A-Z - I completed a couple more posts in this blog series. Click a letter below to check out any that you may have missed.
3. Reading for INSPIRATION - Oddly, I did not do much reading in September.
During September, I taught four Intro to Bible Journaling classes and completed quite a few Bible Journaling pages. In these classes, I discussed the beginnings of Illustrated Faith, demonstrated using pencil colors, water colors, pens and markers in the margins of the Bible, and then shared a devotional which class participants used as INSPIRATION for their own Bible Journaling. They did a fabulous job!
Other creative INSPIRATION in September led to 2 completed layouts, 1 canvas, 5 cards, and 1 framed home decor piece (which I'll share in a future post). I also completed a 40-page scrap- book-for-hire album. I published 12 blog posts (+2 on the Scrappin' Goodtime blog and 1 on the Personal Scrapbook blog). I updated and reviewed my INSPIRATION notebook and completed quite a few items on the INSPIRATION to-do list I created mid-month. I didn't actually participate in Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day class this year, but I did read the prompts each day. (One of my pages from 2013 is actually featured in the handout for the 21st!)
For the month of October, I'll be exploring and acting on INSPIRATION in several ways:
1. Top Five - I'm challenging myself to scrap my top five (photos or stories or events) from the previous month. I'll be working on my layouts for May, June, July, August and September. Here's one of my favorite photos from September - just me and Robbie out and about on a Saturday.
2. Blog Series INSPIRATION A-Z - I'll be working on the next series of posts for my blog series on INSPIRATION.
3. Bible Journaling Workshops - I started this month out by teaching two Bible Journaling workshops at Scrappin' Goodtime and have three more scheduled at Personal Scrapbook in the next couple of weeks. (Check out all the details HERE.)
4. Reading for INSPIRATION - I'm hoping to get back to reading and sharing INSPIRATION from Creative Girl, Creative Doodling & Beyond, and Art Journal Freedom this month.
5. Travel - We have a FUN trip scheduled for later this month, which includes a meet-up with Cheri! I'm sure I'll find INSPIRATION for lots of photography along the way, too!
What kind of INSPIRATION did you enjoy in September? What are your plans for exploring and acting on INSPIRATION in October?