Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Cascade Gardens - My First Layout Kit

Last week I created my very first layout kit! During one of my numerous visits to Personal Scrapbook, our local scrapbook store, I offered to create a layout and kit with some beautiful yellow and green papers. I enjoy trying new things and this was definitely a new way of creating a layout.

As always, I started by pulling photos that I thought would work well with the papers, then built my layout around those. Then I starting cutting papers and decided on the layout design.


Once I had the basic design established, I had to make notes of the sizes of each paper so I could cut everything for the kits. I also added additional elements, like punched flowers and borders.


I put together a sample layout with all the items from the kit and took photos to create a flyer to go with the kit. Then I was able to complete my sample layout with photos from our trip to Cascade Gardens. I also customized my layout by chalking the edges of all the papers, adding dots and bling to the center of the flowers, and cutting a title (with the extra papers included in the kit) with my Cricut.


This was a FUN experience, so I just might be creating more kits in the coming months. Check out my post on the Personal Scrapbook blog for more photos of this 2-page layout kit!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous---the photos and the layout!

Sandra said...

You picked well and created such a beautiful layout

alexa said...

Your photos are just right for these fresh papers, and I admire your diligence with all that chalking!

Susanne said...

What a lovely 2 page layout, that's a page kit that everyone could make use of. Well done.

Barbara Eads said...

I really like the versatility of your kit. Well done!

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely colours and design - I bet it is popular and you get asked to do some more.

Sian said...

What a fun challenge! Your fresh colours are just perfect for Spring

Patio Postcards said...

I like your layout, very spring in colours.